Friday, May 1, 2015

Filled Zucchini

Filled zucchini is one of the best traditional Arabic food..
The Instructions are simple..
You empty the inside of the zucchini with a special tool, clean it well, and then fill it with meat and rice, or meat and onions (depends on the dish you're preparing).

Filled zucchini can be cooked with added water, along with filled grape leaves..
With tomato sauce, along with many other filled vegetables..
Or even in yogurt ( usually filled only with meat, no rice).

As I'm going back to Jerusalem (to where my university is) from my parents' house.. I decided to prepare filled zucchini and take them with me, so I can find something ready to eat after a long day in the university..

So here are some pictures of the preparation process..



The tool used to empty zucchini






We usually cook eggplant, prepared in the same way, with the zucchini..
I don't like eggplant, but my family do.. so..






Then we fill them with rice and meat, seal them with tomatoes so the filling doesn't spill out while being cooked..


Then we cook then with tomatoes sauce..




et bon appétit..

(it's still cooking, so I don't have a picture of the end result yet..)


No comments:

Post a Comment