Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Eating Healthy

Every good thing starts with a healthy body.
Eating, doing sports and sleeping well, are all things that I was doing wrong for a long time.
I decided it was time to change my lifestyle, and I'm starting to do so one step after the other.

The first step is; eating healthy.


Few days ago, I saw a peeler that cute the peel into noodle-shaped strings.
I've been looking for such a peeler for quit a while, and I got so excited with I found on, especially that it's ARCOSTEEL... one of my favorite kitchen tools brands.


The first thing I did when I got this peeler, was making a raw zucchini and carrots pasta.
It's quit easy...
You just peel the carrots and the zucchini (stop when you get to the seeds, they are too moist and breakable that we wouldn't want them in our pasta, but you don't have to throw that away, you can use is when cooking with rise, or in soups... or if you're on a fully raw diet, I believe you can juice zucchini.. maybe).

You can eat it as is... or you can heat it just a tiny bit, so the noodles become softer..
But don't over heat it.. we don't want to cook it, because it would loose some of it's nutritious value.

It's better not to add any salt... you don't need it anyway.. the pasta tastes really good on it's own.

I LOVE tomatoes, and so I minced a tomato to use as a pasta sauce.
This tastes really good.

That's not my hand... that's my boyfriend's hand!!!

Yesterday I choose to prepare something full of both proteins and fibers.
The last time I got a blood test, I had low protein (well, I didn't eat well, I know!).
So what I prepared was this...

Eggs with zucchini and broccoli!

First I used my new peeler to cut the zucchini into thin noodles, and then I cut them again into shorter slices...
I also cut some frozen broccoli into small pieces (you can use fresh ones too, but that's just what I had at the time).
I cracked few eggs, whisked when, and added the vegetables.
This time I added a little bit of salt and pepper, because the eggs need them.

I scooped the mixture into little silicon muffin cups, and then baked then in my little oven.
That was really good.

And the last but not least, is a picture of the really good breakfast I had this morning with my good friend Khalil.

Bon Appetite everybody :D

No comments:

Post a Comment